5 Health benefits of eating olives
We all know well how important it is to eat five meals a day and include lots of fruit and veg in our diet. It’s something they teach us from an early age and we hear about everywhere in magazines, blogs, or even on TV. However, have you heard about the benefits of eating olives?
We eat fruit, vegetables or dairy because they’re good for us, even if we sometimes don’t like them much. However, we eat olives mainly for pleasure: they’re delicious!
We usually serve them as a snack for a drink or on top of salads, but olives shouldn’t be eaten just for the taste.
Did you know that experts recommend eating a small handful of olives a day? Eating just 7 olives each day is really good for you!
Properties and health benefits of olives
Thanks to their benefits and health properties, olives are seen as the star attraction of the Mediterranean diet. Whether they’re green or black – it doesn’t matter, they’re the perfect snack for our day-to-day life because:
- They provide us with vitamins A and E. Vitamin A helps the skin and mucous membranes to stay supple, and improves our eyesight, while vitamin E is an antioxidant which helps to protect our cells against oxidative damage. This means that the vitamin E contained in olives helps to keep the body healthy and delays ageing.
- They’re a great source of fibre, which helps us digest foods properly. What’s more, fibre, as well as preventing or relieving constipation, helps us to maintain a healthy weight and reduces the risk of diabetes, heart disease and some types of cancer.
- They contain good fats: oleic acid, a type of monounsaturated fat, is one of the main reasons why olives are so healthy. This fatty acid helps to protect the cardiovascular system through two main processes: first, it helps to reduce blood pressure and second, it helps to reduce levels of bad cholesterol and increases those of good cholesterol.
- They’re rich in minerals like sodium (which our body needs in small amounts but hypertensive people have to watch their consumption) because they help our body to keep the right level of fluids.
- The Coolives olives contain 0% sugars: in other words, they don’t contain either natural or added sugars.
The Coolives: make olives your favourite healthy snack!
In today’s hectic world, with work, other duties and an endless list of things to do, it’s getting harder and harder to find time to cook and eat healthy food.
That’s why we’ve always tried to make things easy for you by offering you healthy olive snacks to enjoy anytime, anywhere. What’s more, olives are also the perfect gluten-free, vegan snack for people with celiac disease and vegetarians.
The best way to eat olives every day is to choose your favourite type. Here at The Coolives we believe that variety is the spice of life … and the flavour! That’s why we have such a wide range of green or black olives with aromas of coconut, mojo sauce, curry, pineapple, cherry or black truffle.
So, pick your favourite flavour and take advantage of the benefits of eating olives!